University of Virginia Library Guide
This is a short guide to help you access journal articles via University of Virginia library using Kopernio when you are on or off campus. To get started, follow these five simple steps:
Install the Kopernio plugin for free.
Select University of Virginia from the list of universities, and create an account.
If you are on-campus, Kopernio is all set to go. If you are off-campus you will need to connect Kopernio to the University of Virginia library in order to access subscription journal articles. This will happen automatically the first time you try to access a paywalled journal article (e.g. this one).
Your details will be safely stored in your browser so that you can be automatically authenticated in future.
You are now good to go. Enjoy using Kopernio
to access and download journal articles from:
- ACM Digital Library,
- American Academy Of Pediatrics,
- American Chemical Society,
- American Diabetes Association,
- American Institute of Physics,
- American Journal of Critical Care,
- American Physiology Society,
- American Society Of Hematology,
- American Society Of Neuroradiology,
- American Thoracic Society,
- Annals of Internal Medicine,
- Annual Reviews,
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology,
- Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology,
- Cambridge Core,
- Cancer Research,
- Clinical Cancer Research,
- Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology,
- Company Of Biologists,
- De Gruyter Online,
- Diabetes Care,
- Diseases of Aquatic Organisms,
- Drug Metabolism and Disposition,
- Emerald Insight,
- Faculty of 1000,
- IEEE Xplore,
- INFORMS PubsOnline,
- Infection and Immunity,
- Institute of Physics,
- Journal of Biological Chemistry,
- Journal of Cell Science,
- Journal of Clinical Oncology,
- Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health,
- Journal of Immunology,
- Journal of Lipid Research,
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics.,
- Journal of The Electrochemical Society,
- Journal of the American Society of Nephrology,
- Journal of virology,
- Karger Publishers,
- Molecular and Cellular Biology,
- NRC Research Press,
- Nature Publishing Group,
- New England Journal of Medicine,
- Oxford Journals,
- Physical Review,
- Physiological Reviews,
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences,
- RNA : a publication of the RNA Society,
- Radiological Society of North America,
- Rockefeller University Press,
- Royal Society of Chemistry,
- SAGE Publications,
- Science Translational Medicine,
- Scientific Electronic Online Library,
- Society For Neuroscience,
- Taylor & Francis,
- The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene,
- The EMBO journal,
- The Journal of Clinical Investigation,
- Thieme Connect,
- Wiley Online Library,
- and many more…
If any information is inaccurate or out of date, please click here
Click on the Kopernio icon in the top right-hand corner of your browser to open the quick search box.
Web of Science integration
Kopernio gives you one-click access to full-text PDFs on Web of Science article pages.
See Web of Science citation counts right within the Kopernio extension. Just click on the Kopernio icon in
the top right corner of your browser.
Use Pubmed as usual and let Kopernio help you find direct links to the PDF.
Google Scholar integration
Kopernio integrates seamlessly with Google Scholar to supercharge your literature searches.
Reference manager export
Save references and full-text to your favourite reference manager. Kopernio can save .RIS files to your local computer which are compatible with EndNote, Mendeley and Zotero.
This guidance is provided for informational purposes only. References herein to an institution does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, recommendation, or favoring by that institution.