University of California, Santa Barbara Library Guide
This is a short guide to help you access journal articles via University of California, Santa Barbara library using Kopernio when you are on or off campus. To get started, follow these five simple steps:
Install the Kopernio plugin for free.
Select University of California, Santa Barbara from the list of universities, and create an account.
If you are on-campus, Kopernio is all set to go. If you are off-campus you will need to connect Kopernio to the University of California, Santa Barbara library in order to access subscription journal articles. This will happen automatically the first time you try to access a paywalled journal article (e.g. this one).
Your details will be safely stored in your browser so that you can be automatically authenticated in future.
You are now good to go. Enjoy using Kopernio
to access and download journal articles from:
- ACM Digital Library,
- ACSESS Digital Library,
- Aerospace Research Central,
- American Association For Cancer Research,
- American Chemical Society,
- American Economic Association,
- American Institute of Physics,
- American Physiology Society,
- American Society For Nutrition,
- American Society Of Hematology,
- Annual Reviews,
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology,
- BioOne Journals Online,
- Brill Academic Publishers,
- Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society,
- Cambridge Core,
- Cell Press,
- Clinical Cancer Research,
- Company Of Biologists,
- Diseases of Aquatic Organisms,
- Elsevier ScienceDirect,
- Emerald Insight,
- Eukaryotic Cell,
- Faculty of 1000,
- Genome Research,
- Hydrology and Earth System Sciences,
- IEEE Xplore,
- Institute of Physics,
- Journal of Biological Chemistry,
- Journal of Experimental Biology,
- Journal of The Electrochemical Society,
- Journal of Wildlife Diseases,
- Journal of bacteriology,
- Journal of virology,
- MIT Press Journals,
- Molecular & Cellular Proteomics,
- Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions,
- Molecular and Cellular Biology,
- NRC Research Press,
- National Bureau of Economic Research,
- Nature Publishing Group,
- New England Journal of Medicine,
- Oxford Journals,
- Philosophical transactions of the Royal Society of London,
- Physical Review,
- Plant Physiology / American Society of Plant Biologists,
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences,
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of London,
- Project Muse,
- RNA : a publication of the RNA Society,
- Royal Society of Chemistry,
- SAGE Publications,
- Scientific Electronic Online Library,
- Society For Neuroscience,
- Taylor & Francis,
- The Journal of Clinical Investigation,
- The Plant Cell,
- The Royal Society,
- University of Chicago Press,
- University of Chicago Press Journals,
- Wiley Online Library,
- and many more…
If any information is inaccurate or out of date, please click here
Click on the Kopernio icon in the top right-hand corner of your browser to open the quick search box.
Web of Science integration
Kopernio gives you one-click access to full-text PDFs on Web of Science article pages.
See Web of Science citation counts right within the Kopernio extension. Just click on the Kopernio icon in
the top right corner of your browser.
Use Pubmed as usual and let Kopernio help you find direct links to the PDF.
Google Scholar integration
Kopernio integrates seamlessly with Google Scholar to supercharge your literature searches.
Reference manager export
Save references and full-text to your favourite reference manager. Kopernio can save .RIS files to your local computer which are compatible with EndNote, Mendeley and Zotero.
This guidance is provided for informational purposes only. References herein to an institution does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, recommendation, or favoring by that institution.